Sunday, June 27, 2010

Church

Madi did it!!!

She went to church today!!

We didn't stay very long,

We took the sacrament and

she was done.

She looked cute and felt pretty good.

It was such a blessing to have been able to take the sacrament today.

Last week, 2 boys in our ward, Alex McBride and Conner Ward,

came over to our house after church and gave us the sacrament.

I cried. I was truly humbled.

I will be forever thankful for those two boys

and the service they rendered.

I love my Savior.

I am forever grateful for His atoning sacrifice.



*******


Tomorrow we head back to Phoenix for Madilyn's

first post op appointment.

If he gives us the "OK" we will be headed up to Pinetop

on Tuesday for a few weeks.

Hoping to give Madi a change of scenery.

Remember the two stitches that popped out of Madi's back?

The doctor told me to cut them off!

What the...?

Madi wasn't too sure about that.

Neither was I.

But I did it!!!

The rest got sucked back in and hopefully will

dissolve soon.



*******



We are forever grateful for all the thoughts, prayers and well wishes

from so many.

I wish there was more I could say

or something more I could do to adequately show

our sincere love and appreciation to you all.

My faith has been strengthened.

my testimony grown

because of this trial and because

of all of you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.



*******



P.S. Don't be shy. Please feel free to leave a comment.





3 comments:

  1. Lori,

    I hope you don’t mind me leaving a comment here….. Mike gave my Dad, your blog so that we could follow your daughter, Madilyn’s Spine-Fusion surgery and recovery. We just saw Dr. White last week, and we are planning on the same surgery next Summer (if not sooner) with our daughter, Kendall. We are SO excited that you two got out this weekend, and even took the Sacrament at church. That is HUGE! And, Madi looks so great! What an inspiration this has been for us. When the time is right, we would love to visit with you. Good luck with your appointment tomorrow.
    Shawna Crum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo happy for all of you! Good job healing Madi! Keep it up!
    And tell your mom she can go walking with me and Sister Carling now! She needs to stop using you as an excuse! Hee hee!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS.... Wow Lori, I'm impressed that you cut the stitches. Ewww! You are a brave little girl!

    ReplyDelete