Saturday, June 19, 2010

"I'm Hungry!"


She's eating!!!
Whoo hoo!!
Finally!!
Not a ton, but her appetite is coming back!
It's about time. She has hardly eaten a thing in the past 11 days.
She is skin and bones.
She wanted Firehouse Subs.
Whatever she wants, she gets!
By the way, Firehouse Subs
Is soooo yummy!
Have you been?
If not, GO!
If you have, GO AGAIN!!

Today has been really good for Madi!
She still gets worn out fast and has some pain,
but for the most part she seems pretty good!
I hope and pray it lasts.
We've quickly learned that things can change fast with this recovery.
It's annoyingly unpredictable.
It's been exactly 1 week since we've been home from the hospital.
It's been a LONG week.
many ups and many downs.
Madi and I are going kinda crazy.
we're starting to get bored.
(notice the photo below)
:)
We can't wait to get back to normal.
We don't even know what that is.
Ha!
I don't even know if I remember how to do my hair anymore.
The style of choice, as of late, has been a ponytail.
And not even a cute ponytail.
Lovely.

We can't wait to get back to shopping, going to the movies, swimming, doing our crazy dances together, baking and going up to the cabin.




Here's what we used to look like.

Awh... Those were the days.


I won't post a picture of how we look now.
Don't be upset...
I promise, you'll thank me.
It's not a pretty sight.












2 comments:

  1. Smart choice Madi girl!
    We're praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Lori! I've been following your blog and watching for updates. I am so glad your sweet Madi is doing well. What a trooper she is! I can't even imagine what she has been through and what it must be like for you as her Mom. You are my heroes!

    ReplyDelete