Thursday, June 17, 2010

home!

We were able to bring Madi home on Saturday!
One day earlier than expected!
As excited and happy we were to be going home,
we were also absolutely terrified.
Why?
What if I wouldn't hear her in the middle of the night?
What if I didn't give her the right meds?
what if I couldn't get her up and moving?
What if I didn't give her the meds on time?
What if, what if, what if?
The ride home was miserable.
She was surrounded by pillows but every little bump made her cringe with pain.
Then the freeway was closed down and we had to take, what seemed like,
a bazillion detours. Mike was so frustrated!!
He knew she was in a lot of pain and he just wanted to get her home.
We had to drop off her prescriptions to be filled.
I was so scared she would need a pill before we got them back.
She did pretty well!
We set her up on the couch with about 8 to 10 pillows.
She's comfortable for a short while and then she needs to be moved.
We have to roll her on her side. Roll her to her back.
Roll her on her side Roll her to her back.
I feel so sorry for her. She can't get comfy.
We have to get her up and moving.
She walks with a walker.
She has almost no energy.
A short walk, makes her very tired.
Her right shoulder is in extreme pain.
She has no appetite and has lost quite a bit of weight
Her incision is healing well but the pain of muscles and tissue healing is sometimes just too much.
(I'll ask Madi if I can put up a picture of her incision and get back with ya)
She can't get up by herself. She can't get back down by herself.
The first 3 days home were very hard.
It's now Thursday and it's been getting a little better.
Not much. But a little.
She sometimes feels a bit sad.
On those extra hard days, Madi and I try to focus on all the progress she has made.
She really has come so far.
Some days are harder than others.
We just have to take it one day at a time.
Sometimes hour by hour or even minute by minute.
There IS a light at the end of the tunnel.
Thank heavens!
Everyday is a journey.
Out of every trial comes a lesson learned
and greater strength recognized.
For now, I try to:
Keep calm and carry on.
Wish me luck!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment